CROSS TOWN MOVERS: Residential Moving Tips For Local Moves
- Feel free to leave your dressers full of clothing, this will save on your amount of boxes. We do request that you unload all other furniture containing items other than clothing, i.e. desks, hutches, a coffee table with drawer. The exception to the rule would be standard file cabinets, not laterals. We can move these full, unless they are going upstairs.
- Please have the tops of all furniture items cleared off and ready to go, have clear walkways, and a good idea of where you want your furniture placed at your new residence. This will speed up your move.
- Be sure to have your boxes labeled and sealed. Label your boxes on the side of the box, not the top, and according to where you want them placed at your new residence. For example, label the boxes with a "MBR" for master bedroom, "BR #1" for bedroom #1 (or, "Lisa's BR", etc.), or with a "LR" for living room, "FR" for family room, etc. Our services are hourly, so you're the boss! Our staff are happy to put your boxes in their correct rooms, or to save time (and time = $$), have the guys put them all in one central location. We typically disassemble and reassemble your beds, desks etc., but if you'd like to, save time by doing it yourself.
- We are more than happy to unhook and re-hook up your washer and dryer, however, we do require a disclaimer waiving us of liability.
We require the following items to be packed prior to moving:
If certain items aren't packed, we can't guarantee them. For us to assure the safe transfer of the items listed below, they must be boxed, or, you can sign a disclaimer waiving us of liability:
- Computers, VCR's, stereo components. However, TV's and speakers are fine to leave as is.
- Small, fragile, table lamps, lampshades and bulbs. Tall floor lamps are okay (though lampshade and lightbulb need to be packed).
- Framed pictures and all glass items.
- We require refrigerators and freezers to be unloaded for transport.
By law, we don't move the following:
- Propane tanks, unless purged by a professional (which includes "certified purged" tag).
- Chemicals, such as household aerosols, paints and corrosives.
- Firewood, boards, scrap or garbage.
At Cross Town Movers, our staff understand that not everyone has as much time to prepare as they would like. That's what's so great about our service being hourly. The more organized that you are, the quicker your relocation will go. Keep in mind that we provide a professional packing services. Our pro-packers arrive at your door with all of the needed boxes and materials. You can expect one of our pro-packers to pack approximately 1,000 square feet in 8 hours.
Once again, thank you for choosing Cross Town Movers. We'll see you on move day!